Laboratory of Cytometry
Head: Katarzyna PIWOCKA
Staff: Marta BREWIŃSKA-OLCHOWIK, Paulina PODSZYWAŁOW-BARTNICKA, Monika KUSIO-KOBIAŁKA, Wioleta DUDKA-RUSZKOWSKA, Magdalena DYDO, Łukasz BUGAJSKI
The Laboratory of Cytometry has been established in June 2010 to provide state of the art multicolor flow cytometry service. Currently, Laboratory is equipped with the BD FACSCalibur flow cytometer, BD FACSAria cell sorter and iCys scanning cytometer. In 2011 the two new instruments will be established: 2-laser BD FACSCalibur and 4-laser LSR Fortessa cytometer, which allows for high-quality multiparameter/multicolour analysis. The Laboratory of Cytometry provides also a cell culture unit and all necessary laboratory facilities.
More information about laboratory on the web page: http://cytometry.nencki.gov.pl/
- Cytometer BD FACSCalibur – equipped in the 488 nm laser and red diode 635 nm
- Cell sorter BD FACSAria – equipped in the 488 nm, 635 nm lasers and UV lamp
- Cytometer BD FACSCalibur – equipped in the 488 and 635 nm lasers
- BD LSR Fortessa Analyser – equipped in the 355 nm, 405 nm, 488 nm and 635 nm lasers
1. The Laboratory provides the core-facility service for investigators from the Nencki Institute and other scientific and R&D institutions;
2. We offer expertise and technical assistance in flow cytometry, cell sorting as well as laser scanning cytometry. We provide the expert consultation for experiment design, fluorochrome selection and data analysis;
3. The Laboratory is involved in the basic research and innovative projects, based on the high-tech flow cytometry applications. Lab members realise own research projects as well as are involved in the colaborative projects with other scientific groups;
4. Education – we organise lectures, training courses and hands-on workshops for beginners and advanced researchers.
- analysis of apoptosis and viability;
- analysis of proliferation, cell cycle and mitosis;
- analysis of DNA damage/breaks;
- analysis of calcium ions, free radicals production and mitochondrial membrane potential;
- immunofluorescence of surface and intracellular markers expression;
- cytokine production;
- cell sorting;
- others, designed individually, dependently on needs.
Wolanin K, Magalska A, Kusio-Kobialka M, Podszywalow-Bartnicka P, Vejda S, McKenna SL, Mosieniak G, Sikora E, Piwocka K. (2010) Expression of oncogenic kinase Bcr-Abl impairs mitotic checkpoint and promotes aberrant divisions and resistance to microtubule-targeting agents. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 9:1328-1338.
Podszywalow-Bartnicka P, Kosiorek M, Piwocka K, Sikora E, Zablocki K, Pikula S. (2010) Role of annexin A6 isoforms in catecholamine secretion by PC12 cells: distinct influence on calcium response. J Cell Biochem. 111: 168-178.
Koziel R, Szczepanowska J, Magalska A, Piwocka K, Duszynski J, Zablocki K. (2010) Ciprofloxacin inhibits proliferation and promotes generation of aneuploidy in Jurkat cells. J Physiol Pharmacol. 61:233-239.
O’Sullivan-Coyne G, O’Sullivan GC, O’Donovan TR, Piwocka K, McKenna SL. (2009) Curcumin induces apoptosis-independent death in oesophageal cancer cells. Br J Cancer. Novm 3;101(9):1585-95.
Sliwinska MA, Mosieniak G, Wolanin K, Babik A, Piwocka K, Magalska A, Szczepanowska J, Fronk J, Sikora E. Induction of senescence with doxorubicin leads to increased genomic instability of HCT116 cells. Mech Ageing Dev. 2009 Jan-Feb;130(1-2):24-32.
Wolanin K, Magalska A, Mosieniak G, Klinger R, McKenna S, Vejda S, Sikora E, Piwocka K. (2006) Curcumin affects components of the chromosomal passenger complex and induces mitotic catastrophe in apoptosis-resistant Bcr-Abl-expressing cells. Mol Cancer Res. Jul;4(7):457-469.